The WA Chapter of the ASPG hosts two member events each year: a supper seminar in July and a dinner seminar in September. These events are free for financial members.
Recent supper seminars have featured talks by:
- Political journalists Gary Adshead and Ben Harvey, and former Treasurer Hon Ben Wyatt, on ‘Parliament and the Press’.
- Professor Martin Drum and Professor John Phillmore on reform of the Western Australian Legislative Council.
- Hon Alannah MacTiernan MLC on her experiences as a Member in three different Parliamentary Houses.
Dinner seminars have featured:
- election analyst and commentator, Antony Green AO
- the Governor of Western Australia, Hon Kim Beazley AC
- the former Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia, Hon Robert French AC
- the then Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Western Australia, Hon Wayne Martin AC
- political scientist, Dr Martin Drum
- psephologist, William Bowe
- political journalist and commentator, Professor Peter Van Onselen.
Many dinner seminars also feature a panel of Members of Parliament who provide a parliamentary perspective on the topic.