The WA Chapter of the ASPG hosts two member events each year: a supper seminar in July and a dinner seminar in September.
Recent supper seminars have featured talks by Officers of the Parliament from
- the Western Australian Electoral Commissioner, Mr David Kerslake and the Information Commissioner, Mr Sven Bluemmel.
Dinner seminars have featured
- the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Western Australia, Hon Wayne Martin AC
- political scientist, Dr Martin Drum
- psephologist, Mr William Bowe
- political journalist and commentator, Professor Peter Van Onselen.
Many dinner seminars also feature a panel of Members of Parliament who provide a parliamentary perspective on the topic.
The 2017 supper seminar will be addressed by Mr Colin Murphy PSM, the Auditor General of Western Australia, who will mark the imminent conclusion of his term as Auditor General with a talk entitled Reflections of an Outgoing Auditor General.
The guest speaker for the 2017 dinner seminar will be Australia’s leading election analyst, Mr Antony Green, who will provide an evaluation of the 2017 WA State General Election and field questions on the Brexit referendum and the recent US and French presidential elections.
For more information about the 2017 supper seminar, please contact:
Dr Isla Macphail
ASPG WA Chapter
Perth WA 6000
Phone: (08) 9222 7219